How to Change Shower Head to Handheld?
If bathing is a luxury you want to indulge in every day, then getting a handheld shower can be a fantastic idea! Taking a shower and running to the office may be an everyday occurrence but what you can do to make this time a special one is to get a handheld shower. Few things are as pleasurable as having hot water on achy joints of the body, and this is the type of shower you need for this. The good news is that life’s little pleasures don’t have to cost a lot nor does it need to be an overly complicated process. Here all you need to know about how to change shower head to handheld with ease by yourself.
The good thing is that today there are many models of handheld showers available that will fit right into your existing shower. This is great because this means less work needs to be done. If that is not the case with your situation, the first thing you will need to do is to remove the existing shower head. So how do you get started? Well, you first have to close all the existing water faucets from wherein water might come in. Make sure you turn them off firmly. Have an adjustable wrench handy and now you have to use it to remove the old existing head of the shower. Now look at it and you will be able to see flat spots at the shower head’s base. This is called pipe nipple which you will need to use the adjustable wrench for it to be fitted snugly on the flat spots.
If you are planning to use this shower head again, make sure that you place a heavy cloth between the head and the wrench so as not to spoil it. Now going counter-clockwise, turn it and loosen the shower head. Make sure that you clean the whole thing of debris after you do so. After the old debris is cleared away, the threads which are going to come off has to be wrapped nicely with duct tape. If you don’t do this step or ignore it, there will be leakage in the place where you are going to put in the handheld shower.
This is an important part of how to change shower head to handheld. Use duct tape in several turns to tie the threads together. Make sure that you gently press the duct tape using your fingers to ensure that it stays put on the threads.
Installing the New Handheld Shower
Knowing how to change shower head to handheld can make life easy for you. Here are the steps involved in installing the new shower.
- If the new device you have bought is designed in a way that fastens itself at the end of the arm of the shower, then this is the easiest method to use. This method can also be used in case it will attach to a wall bracket in your bathroom.
- What you need to do is take the shower’s base and screw it into the shower arm that is goose-necked. Use your hands to tighten it as much as you can after you have done this.
- Now take the shower hose and fasten it to the T-cross and then tighten it with your hand in the same manner as you did the above step.
- Now the faucet’s water needs to be turned on. The next thing you will have to do is check for any kind of leakages.
- It is important to know that in some cases you may notice some leakage happening in the place where the shower arm and the shower base meets. If that is the case with you what you need to do is use your hands to tighten the connection yet again.
- It is always a good idea to use a heavy piece of cloth or even some leather between the adjustable wrench and the shower components because that will ensure there is no damage to the appearance of the contraption.
- Now turn the faucet’s water yet again and see if there are any leaks.
- There might be more leaks. What you need to do is keep tightening the connection with your hand till there are no leaks.
There are several kinds of handheld shower varieties available, and the best thing to do is choose something that meets your needs and your budget. As you well know, prices vary a lot and hence choosing the best means choosing something you can afford.
You can, of course, get a professional to do the work for you but with this tutorial that teaches you how to change shower head to handheld, the work is not at all difficult for you to do on your own.
You can see our recommended best product and it's reviews which link is given bellow.
Top Rated Handheld Shower That you also look at..
Atlantis 6 Chrome Rain Shower to Handheld Shower >>> [ Our Review ]
Fire Hydrant Spa Plaza Deluxe Spa Carmel Rain Hand Shower >>> [ Our Review ]
Delta Faucet RP48769SS 3-Setting Hand Shower >>> [ Our Review ]
Hansgrohe 28507001 Raindance E120 Air 3Jet Handshower >>> [ Our Review ]
HotelSpa® All Chrome 5 Setting LED/LCD Hand Shower >>> [ Our Review ]
Delta Faucet 58045-RB In2ition 5-Setting Hand Shower >>> [ Our Review ]
Delta Faucet 51708 Universal Showering Components >>> [ Our Review ]
Ana Bath SS5450CCP 5 Inch 5 Function Handheld Shower >>> [ Our Review ]
KOHLER K-17493-CP Flipside 01 Polished Chrome Shower >>> [ Our Review ]
AKDY® 9″ Rectangular Quad Function Rainfall Jet Shower >>> [ Our Review ]